- 15 (0.023 per day)
- Custom Title:
- Princess of Saturn
- Personal Text:
- I have become Death, destroyer of--ooh, a puppy!!
- Name Information:
- Lilavati Saadhanasama, Seventh Incarnation of the Destroyer, Heir of the Lotus Seat, Bearer of the Silence Glaive. Or, you know. Just Lila. Lila works. If we’re not out in public, anyway, in which case you’d better be addressing her formally!
On the very rare occasions she gets to be out in public not as the princess of Saturn, Lila takes the name Kalpani Aayus.
Lilavati: Playful, amusing, charming. It seems like her mother might have had some future insight into her daughter’s true nature when choosing her name.
Saadhanasama: Roughly, “instrument of tranquility”
- Playby: Sonam Kapoor
Lila is a bit on the petite side, standing at about 5’3”, with a smallish frame. She does have some curves, though, giving her a feminine figure. She carries herself with grace, and she has some muscle thanks to dancing and senshi training. Lila’s skin is the color of milky tea, and is of course decorated with the royal family designs in bioluminescent henna.
The curves of Lila’s face are more soft than angular, giving her a gentle appearance, even when she is trying to put on the airs of a Very Serious Princess. Her dark eyes are easily her most expressive feature, capable of lighting up with delight when the opportunity presents itself. Her hair is black, almost deep purple, and falls past her shoulders in waving curls.
Typically, Lila dresses in silken, jewel tone fabrics with delicate, intricate trims. She prefers clothing that allows her to have freedom of movement, and if it looks pretty, all the better! She also has a fondness for jewelry, and usually has at least some sort of accessory on, whether it be a necklace, a set of bracelets, or a comb pining her hair up and back. When she’s out exploring as Kalpani, Lila’s clothing choices are much more subdued to help her blend in, and she tries to keep her face hidden as much as possible using veils and wide-brimmed hats. She also covers up as much as possible, to keep her henna well hidden from view, usually citing a bad rash as to why she keeps so much skin covered.
- Sonam Kapoor
- Friends and Family:
- Nitya Saadhanasama: Lady of the Lotus Seat, Fifth Incarnation of the Violet Mystic, Most Enlightened Priest-Queen of Saturn, also known as Lila’s mother. A very severe, serious, yet elegant woman, the sort that would make you be on your best behavior, even if she wasn’t the ruler of Saturn. She’s very much a stickler for decorum and ritual, and always knows exactly which sort of lamp to use at which festival and which mushrooms should be served at which function. She doesn’t necessarily rule with an iron fist, being more inclined to rule with the Stare of Profound Disappointment. A born mystic, Nitya has spent her fair share of time communing with the cosmos, and sometimes appears to have something of a distant demeanor, as a result. While she does care for Lilavati and for Manu, she has a hard time expressing it, being a bit more otherworldly than either her husband or her daughter. Even expressing her approval of how Lila is developing is difficult for her, leaving Lila flailing for some sort of validation.
Manu Saadhanasama: Priest-Consort and Lila’s father, Manu is a much more down-to-earth sort than his wife. In fact, it’s generally his presence that makes her a bit more grounded. He’s an easy-going man, and is generally praised for being a balance to Nitya’s more severe and serious approach to life. He’s also a lot more interactive with Lila, and she looks to him for advice and affection. He’s one of those people that Lila can be herself around.
Kiran: Lila’s pet wooly marshworm. Marshworms are a bit like a cross between a giant caterpillar and a puppy: Furry, pale green, with lots of tiny legs and a purring, loving disposition. Lila originally came across Kiran while posing as Kalpani. She found him stuck at the top of a mushroom, and through some encouragement, managed to help him get down. What she didn’t count on was the marshworm following her home. Not that she really minded in the end, because Kiran was sweet and cuddly, and she explained his sudden existence in her rooms as that she had received him as a gift from one of the other Houses. He spends much of his time sleeping in her rooms, though he does occasionally get into trouble. For one thing, he LOVES incense the way cats love catnip, and can get a little loopy if he finds some. He is, however, a source of huggable comfort for Lila, for which she’s incredibly appreciative of.
- Usual Daily Routine:
- Lila rises early and, after some hugging of Kiran, does her morning yoga. She grabs a light breakfast, possibly interspersed with greeting Amalin on her morning purification rounds. She puts her game face on before going out and interacting with the public during various functions and rituals as needed (if you catch her just right, you’ll see her grinning just a little during some of the more magical and sparkly rituals). Sometimes she accompanies her mother during these events, while other times she performs her role on her own. At some point during the day, usually in the afternoon (although depending on the timing of the rituals for that day, it can change), she has senshi training, which includes meditation and attuning to the state of the planet to ensure that everything is remaining in balance.
These obligations usually keep her busy well into the evening. However, on less crazy days, Lila will frequently try to slip off for a couple of hours to walk the streets as Kalpani, which is usually a good way for her to relieve stress. She’s usually back in enough time to get ready for dinner and any evening activities, before curling up in bed with Kiran and falling asleep.
- Lilavati was born to her parents, which is pretty standard for most babies. She was a long time coming, given her mother’s attentions were more focused on ruling the kingdom and hanging out in the astral plane, but nevertheless, her birth was cause for excitement among the peoples. What isn’t standard, however, is for the royal prophets to be declaring that the tiny baby that the whole kingdom is tickled pink over is actually the Seventh Incarnation of the Destroyer. While certainly a cause for concern, as the Destroyer generally reappears during times of turmoil to bring balance, it was generally taken in stride. It’s a big role to fill, but she was still quite wee, and there was plenty of time to get her trained up for her future role.
Lilavati was something of an adoring child, sweet and kind, with a sensitive heart, the sort that would fret over the Eeensy Weensy Sporefly’s fate at the end of the song (“But he was washed out to sea! D: Will he be able to be reborn?”). She generally bonded more with her father, who took a more active role in her life, and as such she usually went to him to talk or when she had an issue. She quickly took to dancing, and was quite a sight to see, a tiny girl all decked out doing the traditional dances. She evoked a lot of "awwww"s.
Her training began pretty early, as Lila had some big shoes to fill. When not fulfilling her role as princess, Lila’s days were filled with training with sages, meditation, and lessons on why dropping the Glaive at the wrong time is a Bad Idea. It wasn’t too long before Lila began fretting over what she was expected to do, both as princess and senshi, and whether or not she would be able to fulfill those roles. It was a lot of pressure for a child.
It was about at this time that Lila started paying more attention to her mother and how she carried herself. Realizing that Nitya had to deal with the same pressures she now faced, Lila got it into her head that if she acted like her mother, maybe things wouldn’t get to her as much as they did. Thus was the beginning of the walls Lila erected around herself while in public. While still polite and amiable, she became much more distant and neutral.
While in public Lila cultivated this image, when the doors were closed she found herself unable to really keep things up, and had to let herself be herself, lest she go completely batty. When she was about 13, she found that letting her hair down while in her private chambers wasn’t enough. She wanted to get out, pet some space whales, wander the markets, actually get to know the people she’s expected to protect. It was also around this time that she found that if she took some of the much less used passages in the palace, like that secret one that led down to the north garden, she could find her way out without too much trouble. Thus began the appearance of of a young woman named Kalpani Aayus, self-proclaimed wanderer and explorer with a bajillion questions for everyone she met. Lila found her wanderings to be something of a relief, a way to be herself without anyone really knowing.
And so, here we are up to this point. The starseed has been transferring to Lila, along with its powers and the right to carry the Glaive. Deep down, she still wonders whether or not the day will come where she’s expected to drop it. She really really hopes not.
- Somewhere along the line, Lila got it into her head that when it came time to rule, the people of Saturn would most want a leader similar to her mother: Severe, serious, formal to a T, distant, cold, and calculating. After all, the people wouldn’t want the Destroyer to have a volatile personality, right? She could go and drop the glaive in a fit of angst over a failed romance if that were the case, right? As a result, it’s this sort of distant, cool demeanor that Lila has tried her best to foster, at least when out in public as herself. 90% of people are most familiar with this side of her. The side Lila shows to the public is neutral and distant, with any wild expression of emotion firmly tamped down. She’s usually rather quiet, preferring to watch and observe and let things take their course unless she needs to intervene. She takes her time when making decisions, appearing to retreat inward to contemplate all sides before passing her verdict on a situation. People have praised her on her thoughtfulness.
While Lila does her best to cultivate this air of severity, she has found a problem with this approach: being dark and dire is EXHAUSTING. Primarily, the problem is that this personality is just not her. She acts this way because she thinks that’s what everyone expects of her, but the truth of the matter is that inside, Lila wants nothing more than to be a sparkly Disney princess, happy and singing with the birds. This is the side of Lila that smiles easily and often, that wants to give out hugs and laugh openly and wants to dance outside of when ceremony calls for it. She would love to be able to at least crack a tiny smile when Lord Patil comes before the throne wearing that ridiculous yellow hat of his (usually she has to go to her chambers later and fall over laughing). You could call this side of Lila her true self, the side that she keeps carefully secreted away, reserved only for those she trusts the most.
As a result, Lila has become very good at hiding things she doesn’t want other people to see. She keeps her emotions bottled up until later (blissfully unaware of the fact that there’s going to come the day where she just can’t take it anymore and has a riproaring outburst), she doesn’t let guests see how she likes to linger over the flower arrangements during formal functions, and no one is allowed to see that she still likes to cuddle with her favorite stuffed space whale when she’s feeling blue.
The fact that she can’t reconcile her true self with what she perceives are the expectations of her is huge source of stress in Lila’s life. Being the Destroyer and the expectations that go along with the job is a burden on her that she has to bear every day. She usually has to go off by herself for a while, ostensibly to meditate on the events of the day, though in reality she needs to just RELAX for a while. When things get really bad, she has been known to disappear for a few hours, wandering outside the palace under the guise of Kalpani, just so she can let her psychological guard down for a little while.
The real irony is that these expectations that Lila has placed upon herself are almost entirely fabricated. Most people aren’t expecting her to be a splitting image of her mother, and would be perfectly fine with her relaxing a bit in public. Of course, if she ever comes to realize this, she’s going to feel awfully silly. And may also run off to go play with space whales the first moment she gets.
- Darkest Secret:
- Lila is terrified of being a disappointment, both to her people and to her mother, and it causes a great deal of stress for her. There’s a part of her that’s convinced that she’s going to burn out before she even ascends the throne, and would essentially leave the planet Queen-less. She needs to find balance between her responsibilities and herself, and has yet to achieve that happy medium.
There’s also the whole running-off-in-secret thing. She works pretty darn hard to keep that under wraps.
Oh yeah, and she has a serious thing for flowers. Not so much a deep dark secret, but it's not something everyone gets to know.
- Reactions to Sudden Hugs:
- In public: “That’s very kind, but would you please stop falling over me? You’re making a scene.”
In private: “Eeeeeee, hugs! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 More hugs now? Please?”
- Special Skills and Aptitudes:
- Twisty-bendy: Regular yoga has resulted in Lila having a fair amount of bendiness. She can twist her body into all sorts of interesting shapes without batting an eye. It’s great for parties!
Queen Princess: Since many of the rituals Lila is involved with include a dancing portion, she knows how to move to the beat. She can dance with a fair amount of control over her body, as required by the regimented rituals, but she also likes to just let loose and shake her tail feathers, letting her body move the way it wants to. She usually only does this when nobody’s looking, though.
Sailor Nurse: Lila’s training included some basic healing practices, primarily to hone her natural abilities with the Saturn starseed, but she ended up taking a liking to it in the end. As a result, she knows a bit about patching up cut legs and bruised arms. She also has some more mystical healing training, such as realigning chakras and the like. She’s no doctor by any means, but she knows a bit to get by.
With the Saturn starseed transferred to her, Lila has powers over silence, death, and rebirth. Most notably this gives her the ability to the Silence Glaive to create energy blasts and a nearly impenetrable wall of silence. Through the starseed she has additionally gained some minor magical healing abilities, mostly mending scrapes, cuts, and burns. Unfortunately, using this ability has a tendency to wipe her out, hence the additional training to heal in more mundane ways. There’s also that whole destroying the world thing, which is meant to be used to cleanse the world of evil so that it may be reborn. Lila has gotten massive amounts of training as to when this is a Bad Idea (read: Pretty much all of the time).
- Living Situation:
- Lila lives on the island Sumeru, in the royal palace, a sweeping, spiraling affair that at times seems to be defying the laws of architecture (and maybe also physics), surrounded by glowing gardens. She has a set of rooms there, which are her own personal sanctuary.
- Date Registered:
- August 21, 2011
- Local Time:
- May 22, 2013
- Last Active:
- April 21, 2013